Organized in 1988 and incorporated in 1993, T.C. Riders Snowmobile Club is a completely volunteer organization with membership open to the public. As part of the New York State Corridor Trail System, our trails are open to the public on a non-fee basis.
Maintaining and operating a trail system is costly. Funds come from snowmobile registrations and hi-way fuel tax refunds administered by the NYS Office of Parks Recreation and Historical Preservation (OPRHP) which is not nearly enough. Our other funding sources are membership dues, contributions, and fund-raisers.
All are critical to our mission of maintaining superb trails for your riding safety and pleasure. Combining NYS funding and Club revenue, T.C. Riders is able to purchase:
- grooming equipment & other trail maintenance equipment
- construction supplies for bridges & culverts
- trail signs, stakes, & reflectors
- fuel & maintenance for equipment
- supplies for safety courses
- administrative supplies
- Website, newsletter, & other communications
Our by-laws, updated and adopted in 2001, state it plainly. Purposes of the Club are:
- To further and improve the sport of snowmobiling in northwest Oneida County by promoting the safe, lawful, and responsible use of snowmobiles for recreation, commerce, and public safety.
- To foster a close relationship with, and appreciation and recognition of the landowners participating in the trail system.
- To work toward making more private and public areas open to snowmobiling.
- To maintain the scenic beauty and ecological integrity of the trails and surrounding areas.
- To promote awareness of the special needs of physically challenged snowmobilers and to provide reasonable access to the trail system.
- To cooperate fully with local snowmobile clubs, county and district governing bodies and associations, landowners, and local State Agency representatives responsible for public safety and land and road use in developing and maintaining the Club’s portion of an integrated system of snowmobile trails.
Did You Know?
In 2015 TC Riders pulled off the Snowmobile world’s equivalent of a “Hat Trick”. That’s right, TC Riders was honored with 3 coveted awards that year. TC Riders was the first club in New York State to win the second and third awards listed below.
1, New York State Snowmobile Association (NYSSA) – 2015 Club of the Year Award
2. American Council of Snowmobile Associations (ACSA) – 2015 Club of the Year Award for USA -and-
3. The club was inducted into the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame & Museum – Class of 2015 at the Museum’s Headquarters in Eagle River, WI.
This accomplishment would not have been possible without the dedicated service of our members that volunteer for the many events to fundraise, communicate with the public and the “dirty work” of trail clearing, trail signing, and grooming to maintain the trails in safe and ridable condition.